Holy birthplace of Lord Buddha, the blessing of Lord Shiva, kiss with the mountains, ride like a king on the elephant and say a big Hi to the crocs. That’s what’s is my top seeing in Nepal
A country like Nepal has more to offer than just than the mountains. The trip to Nepal unfolded all the beauty and fun….
Here are my top places to see in Nepal
1.Birth place of Lord Buddha:- One of the UNESCO heritage site and pilgrimage centre. The holy center has a sacred Bodhi tree, an ancient bathing pond, the Ashoka pillar and Mayadevi temple. Archaeological remains associated with the birth of the Lord Buddha form a central place of interest
2. Boudhnath Stupa: – It is the largest stupa in Nepal and the holiest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside Tibet
The stupa is located in the town of Boudha, on the eastern outskirts of Kathmandu. Boudnath Stupa looks like a giant mandala, the scared hym Om Mani Padme Hum – is carved on the prayer wheels beside the images of Avalokiteshvara around the base of the stupa.
3. Sarangkot: – Located on the outskirts of Pokhara city is the hill known as Sarangkot. It offers both sunrise and sunset viewing.
The beautiful sunset of the Annapurna range just gives an exemplary visual treat. The scene is so beautiful that the eyes just don’t let you go away…. It’s a gateway to the Annapurna Valley and close to Pokhara.
4. Pokhara – The Pokhara is Nepal’adventure and leisure city, a trekking gateway to the Annapurna’s with plenty of entertainment for solo travelers as well as families with kids.
In Pokhara you can experience the best in trekking, boating, hiking, pony rides, paragliding or simply relax at one of the lakes near the city with the stunning Annapurna mountain range at the background.
The below pic is a view of the fishtail mountain also known as Machapuchare from Fishtail lodge a view from our hotel. The morning view was just so beautiful that it captivates your feelings like you are somewhere else.
5. Kiss with Everest – the most awaiting and fascinating moment lies when you come close to the tallest mountain of the universe Mt. Everest. Lucky that we could see .. thanks to the clear weather. This one ride must never be missed
6. Chitwan – If you miss Chitwan then you have certainly missed the fun… rustic stay, the tribal dance, the elephant safari, spotting one horn rhino and close encounter with Crocs
6 Patan Darbar Square
Patan, is the oldest of all the three cities of Kathmandu Valley. It is the best known for its artistic heritage. It is probably one of the oldest Buddhist City in the world. The city is surrounded by 4Stupas as 4 corners of Patan, one at each corner of its cardinal points. These stupas are said to have been built by the famous Emperor Ashoka
The Major attraction of Patan Darbar Square are:-
a. Patan Museum
b. Hiranya Varna Mahavihar
c. Golden window
d. Mahabouddha Temple
e. Golden temple
Nepal is certainly my favourite visit and even readers who will read this must try and make a Nepal trip…
Thanks for reading my Nepal diaries…….